Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Movie: 'Shiver'


SHIVER (2008)

I love to read, it makes me feel so relaxed and at ease, so I love to watch foreign films. Shiver is a Spanish film and is in spanish with english subtitles. I was drawn to it mainly because of the mention of Academy Award-winning production designer Pilar Revuelt, who designed and had a big part in the making of one of the best movies of all times (and the first movie Jeremiah and I ever saw together), Pan's Labyrinth. Although the design of the film holds none of the magic or majestry of Pan's Labyrinth, the movie's production shares PL's suspense and tension. There are some amazing shots of Spain, a place I had no idea was so green and lush.

It had some 'Monster Flick' elements and lots of dumb people doing dumb things in horrifying situations. I loved it.

I would definitely reccomend it, especially if you like suspense and foreign films and can ignore some insignificant plot holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment